Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Get Out of My Head!

I've been subscribing to Chatelaine for a few years now.  Lately, I've been noticing that it seems as if they're being sneaky and watching me for ideas.  Seriously.  Want a few examples?
  • A few issues ago, they told their readers to check out Dooce.com... something I had been doing for a month or two before they told me to. 
  • Just this month, they suggested that we all go to Libida.com to read some product reviews to help us decide what aids we should purchase in an effort to spice up our sex lives.  Yeah, I can admit it, I've been a customer for at least five years.  
  • Even weirder?  The January issue also included the quote from Salvador Dali that I have in the masthead of this blog ("Have no fear of perfection--you'll never reach it.")  That one totally creeped me out.
There's lots in the magazine that doesn't completely speak to me (fashion, home decor, etc) but then there are things like these examples that make me wonder if I've suddenly become cool.  ;o)

No comments: