Tuesday, August 7, 2007

This & That

This is feeling a bit awkward, since I've never really been one to keep a diary or a journal. I did try to keep a diary in 1987, inspired by my grade three teacher's stories of her father who kept journals his entire life chronicling what he did each day and what the weather was like. I tried to do the same thing, but it turned into me demanding that mom write in it each night for me. I'm pretty sure it is still at mom dad's place, actually. This time, my inspiration seems to be coming from a girl that I used to work with years ago at the burger joint. I used to think she was funny and she was nice to me. I recently re-discovered her on Facebook (but she doesn't talk to me on there; however, over the years we have run into each other on occasion and share awkward conversation) and noticed that she has a blog. I started reading it just out of curiosity (damn girl crushes!) and ended up reading the whole thing from beginning to end. Lately I've been feeling the need to have an outlet to express some of my thoughts and share some of my experiences. So this seems to make sense.

I do not intend to publicize this to the people in my life. If I do, I think it will take away the honesty factor. I also intend to protect the innocent and not use actual names. My intention is not to hurt anyone. If you do stumble across this and realize that you know me, feel free to leave a comment but don't hold any of this against me.

Knowing my obsession with new things, I'll probably post a whole bunch in the beginning, and then sporadically as time goes on. But whatever. I'm not going to stress over this. I worry about far too many things in my life, I refuse to create more stress with something like this.

No comments: