Monday, October 27, 2008

Baby Fat

I stepped on the scales the other day and discovered that I'm down to 136 lbs. I was 130 lbs when I got pregnant, so I only have six lbs to go!

I really haven't been doing anything to lose the weight. I had started running again in the summer, but found it too difficult to squeeze in a run and a shower between supper and BB's bedtime (and BB would usually need to feed somewhere in there too!) I gained 60 lbs while I was pregnant. The bulk of the weight I've lost has been due entirely to breastfeeding. I'm sure I'll be sharing my thoughts on that topic sometime on here.

I've been eating a lot of bread this week. My mom has been making the most fabulous brown bread lately, so I've been eating a lot of the most fabulous brown bread. So yummy. But I can see places where I had started to hollow out puffing back out already. Definitely need to cut back on the bread! I'm not really worrying about it though. Just something I am trying to be aware of.

Before getting pregnant, I lost approx. 25 lbs. This was before I started running. Work was so incredibly busy and stressful in the fall of 2006 that I ended up cutting back on the amount of food I was eating. A lot. Not to the point of having an eating disorder or anything (or at least I didn't feel like there was a problem, since I was still eating, just not as much.) However, because I didn't have time to graze all day at work (the way I had for the past several years), I was often hungry. That hunger made me feel powerful. I felt like I had control over my body, and that somehow transferred to feeling like I had power over the very stressful situation I was in. Once things calmed down at work my eating habits went back to normal; however, my portion sizes were smaller. I managed to keep that up until I got pregnant at the beginning of August 2007. Then I started eating whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. I mostly aimed for healthy foods of course, but I certainly had my fair share of treats too!

DH and I are planning on buying a treadmill for Christmas. My stipulation is that it has to be a decent one. If it feels like it's going to fall apart while I'm running on it, there's no point in spending the money because I won't use it. I'm really looking forward to getting it. I don't feel like I get as good of a work out on a treadmill, but it's better than the workout I'm getting now.

No comments: