Sunday, July 26, 2009

The One You've All Been Waiting For



Saturday, July 25, 2009 06:25
(Thanks, Emilie for the Dollar Store test idea! I went through five of them before I got this result!)


Saturday, July 25, 2009 06:53
Confirmation that the dollar store test wasn't lying. The instant the pee hit it, the plus sign appeared!

I even did a third test this morning (since my "expensive test" came in a 2-pack) just to make sure yesterday's pee wasn't lying. Same result. Yippee!

I guess we might be due in March, maybe April. I'm going to go for my first doctor's appointment and they're going to ask me when my last period was and I'll have to say July 2007. I'm sure that will get a raised eyebrow! One of my nearest and dearest (who happens to be a doc) was here visiting today; I asked her how things are handled in cases like this where it is impossible to pin down dates. She tells me that they take into consideration your last negative test (July 11) and your first positive test, figure out a date from that, and try to send you for your first ultrasound around 12 weeks to confirm the dates. My guess is that it happened between the two yeast infections. I'm looking forward to seeing if I'm right on that one! Now I need to figure out a way to call the doc's office without all of my coworkers hearing the call.

I guess we weaned BB for nothing since I was already pregnant!

**Disclaimer**
If you're reading this and actually know me, or know someone who knows me, please keep this info under your hat. (BTW, if you're reading this and I don't know you're reading this, let me know! I'd love to hear from you! I've always felt weird delurking on people's blogs, so this is to let you know that you don't have to feel weird about previously lurking around here. Been meaning to mention that for a while!) I'm not actually announcing this to work, family, or anyone other than my BFFs until I have a better idea about dates, etc.

6 comments:

Mr. & Mrs. said...

Oh my goodness!!!! Congratulations! Thats SO exciting, and I CAN certainly imagine how happy you must be! Truth be told, the hubby and I tried for a verrry long time (2.5 years to be exact!) so I can appreciate the joys of a positive test!
Best of luck, I am truly happy for you! I too had to take 3 tests before I could believe the first :) I was able to figure out my dates from my LMP, but they also figured it out very easily with my first ultrasound by measuring!
Keep us posted!!
-Melissa

Emilie said...

Eek! That's awesome! And all without a period....meant to be, right? I'm so happy for you!

PS - With Graedy, I had no idea when I conceived. They did an early ultrasound at 7 weeks and it was pretty accurate. :)

All the best!

cuddles said...

Melissa, I can't imagine having to work at it for 2.5 years. I always feel weird telling people how easily we became pregnant with BB (first try) because you never know if people are trying or how long they have been trying for. I was able to figure out BB's due date without any problems, but this time is a bit different! :)

Emilie, I think you hit the nail on the head when you said "meant to be." :) It looks like there won't be a super-early ultrasound, but hopefully the doc will be able to get me in quickly after he sees me (in a month's time!)

Thanks to both of you for your well-wishes! :) xx

Mr. & Mrs. said...

Its certainly something we REALLY struggled with! And if you can remember my posts about the ruptured ovarian cyst in April, when I was in the hospital my doctor told me that it would most likely never happen! I was heartbroken but told myself that I wouldn't give up! I was also told to expect a late, or non existent period for the following months, so when I was 6 days late I thought nothing of it! Then I got some spotting, and thats when I raised and eyebrow. My hubby convinced me to take a test and voila! Baby dust!

Boy, I will NEVER forget the call to my doctors office! I was talking to receptionist and I guess he over heard my name, and the reason for my apt and grabbed the phone from her hand! Ha. It was great :) Certainly something both of us will never forget!!

Independent Chick said...

I am doing the dance of joy!! DO-DO-DO-DO-DO-DAH!!! And I say nothing. hehe

Congratulations!!!! So very, very happy for you!!!!!!!!!

XOXOXOXXOXOXOXOXOX

ML said...

CONGRATS!!!!!! That is super exciting news! And no worries, your secret is safe with me ;)

xo