Monday, October 13, 2008

Goals & Objectives

For whatever reason, I feel that I need to start this blog by stating my goals and objectives. Perhaps this goes back to my school days where you review this at the beginning of each course. Perhaps it's me just needing a purpose for everything. Maybe I just feel this needs an introduction of some sort before launching into whatever I feel like talking about. This won't be nearly as organized as the goals and objectives listing that we used to receive in school though!

I have an admission to make - this isn't the only blog. However, the 'other' blog isn't meant for everyone's eyes. It's where I seem to hide the negativity. (For those of you that know me, you know that I don't usually hide the negativity! That means that the 'other' blog must be very bad!) Although I'm sure that the negativity will also enter this blog, I'd prefer to not dwell on it all the time here. I'd prefer to keep this one for notes about my family, friends, things I find interesting, random thoughts and opinions, etc. And the other one will be saved for the more personal stuff that I still need to get off my chest, but don't necessarily want shared with everyone. I have to admit, as honest as I intend to be in this blog, I'm sure I will very much be displaying my 'public face'.

I'm not setting any requirements of myself for this... If I only write twice a year, so be it. Life is stressful enough without adding more to the never ending to-do list!

I also need to mention, that my opinions stated in this blog are my opinions. I'm not looking for war. If you don't like it, please go read someone else's blog and ignore mine. Be a grown-up and walk away. I'm not asking anyone to read this stuff.

I was trying to find something meaningful to use as the name for this blog, which I found difficult. The 'other' blog is named after a line from BNL song that I particularly like. But I couldn't think of any meaningful lines from a BNL song that also gave me a positive feeling. Not that I think their songs are negative, but the ones I identify with the most are ones about not so positive things or feelings of inadequacy. Because I'm not ordinarily very creative with the words, I started thinking about other songs that have been in my head since BB joined our family in May. The Dixie Chicks have a song called "I Hope" that has really stuck with me. It does have religious references that I don't quite identify with but I do completely identify with the overall sentiment of the song, and feel it to be quite uplifting. So for now, the website address is http://hopeformorehappyeverafter.blogspot.com and I'm naming this Happily Ever After. Yes, I spent an entire evening after BB went to bed trying to come up with just the right name. I'm like that. Perhaps the name will change in time. Maybe I'll come up with something original.

I'm going to end with the lyrics to the song. This is what I hope for BB's life.



"I Hope"
Sunday morning, I heard the preacher say
Thou shall not kill
I don't wanna hear nothing else about killing
And that it's God's will

'Cause our children are watching us
They put their trust in us
They're gonna be like us
So let's learn from our history
And do it differently

I hope, for more love, more joy and laughter
I hope, we'll have more than we'll ever need
I hope, we'll have more happy ever after
I hope, we can all live more fearlessly
And we can lose all the pain and misery
I hope, I hope

Oh, Rosie, her man he gets too rough
That's all she can say, is he's a good man
He don't mean no harm
He was just brought up that way

But our children are watching us
They put their trust in us
They're gonna be like us
It's okay for us to disagree
We can work it out lovingly

I hope, for more love, more joy and laughter
I hope, you'll have more than we'll ever need
I hope, you'll have more happy ever after
I hope, you can all live more fearlessly
And you can lose all the pain and misery
I hope, I hope

There must be a way to change what's going on
No I don't have all the answers

I hope, for more love, more joy and laughter
I hope, we'll have more than we'll ever need
I hope, we'll have more happy ever after
I hope, we can all live more fearlessly
And we can lose all the pain and misery
I hope, I hope

I hope, I hope, I hope

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/dixiechicks/ihope.html

No comments: