Saturday, October 18, 2008

Little Drummer Boy

For the past few weeks, BB has been using his right hand to beat on things. Over and over again. It seemed to begin when I would change his diaper or let him have 'naked time' before his bath. He'd lay there on the floor, beating his right thigh and genitals with his right hand. Whack. Whack. Whack.


More recently, in addition to these beatings, he's started beating on me. When he's done nursing on my right side (and he's laying on his left side, which leaves his right hand completely free) he'll lay there and give my right breast a few good wallops, and even more frequently, beat his hand against my chin. All I can do is laugh. Hopefully I'm not encouraging him to be a wife beater when he grows up!

Yesterday he added another dimension to his little game. While he was laying on his tummy on the floor, he started beating the floor (or the blanket, or his play mat, depending what he happened to be laying on at the time) with his right hand. So he's laying there, with his cute little fluffy bum in the air, his head raised up so he can view the world, beating on the floor with his right hand. Never the left. Always the right. Whack. Whack. Whack.

DH and I both also noticed yesterday that he's now trying to get to his toys when they're out of reach (when he's laying on his tummy.) He's had some success with wiggling towards them, when he doesn't get frustrated and just lay there screaming for the toy to come to him!

No comments: