- Peel & cube (approx 1cm) 8 potatoes. Steam these for 20 minutes.
- Chop a bowl of ham and two onions. Fry these together.
- Finely cube a whack of cheddar cheese.
- Whisk together 6 eggs and 250 mL milk.
- Spray the casserole dish with canola oil.
- Put 3/4 of the potatoes on the bottom.
- Put the ham and onions in next.
- Layer the cheese on top of the ham and onions.
- Put the remaining potatoes on top.
- Pour the egg and milk mixture over the entire thing.
I baked this at 350 with the lid on for 30 minutes, and then at 400 with the lid off for another 30 minutes, and it was actually cooked. Next time, I would cook at 400 the entire time with the lid off. Also, I remembered later in the day that I had meant to add mushrooms in with the onions and ham in the frying pan! Will need to remember this next time. We were able to eat shortly after DH got home from work, which was wonderful! The supper dishes were done before we ate supper, and there was no waiting around for supper to be prepared!