Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The window to your soul

I've become quite obsessed lately wondering what colour BB's eyes are going to be. I've read that a baby's eyes don't turn their final colour until around six months old. He's five months today. (What a wonderful five months it's been!) When he was born they were a very very dark blue, almost bordering on a charcoal colour. So beautiful. Now they sometimes look brown with dark blue around the outside, other times they look like they have a greenish hue. I'm excited to see what colour they will be in the end, but I don't want to wish away my next month with him in my excitement. So I just need to be patient and enjoy the wait.

Growing up, I always thought that I had brown eyes. Then towards the end of high school I decided that they were actually hazel. I often find that the colour changes depending on what I am wearing. Some days they look more brown, other days they look more green. In my recent obsession with eye colour, the other night I hauled a mirror out of my drawer in the bathroom and took a look mine again. They are actually brown around the pupil, and green around the outside. There is definitely more green there than brown. Now when I look at myself in the mirror all I see are green eyes staring back at me! DH's eyes are green, but a lighter green than mine. I wouldn't be surprised if BB has green eyes too. No matter what colour they are, he'll still be my beautiful baby boy.

No comments: