Tuesday, January 20, 2009

All Mushy Inside

This afternoon there was a poopy diaper.  I anticipated a struggle to keep BB on his back.  He used to try to play with the jar of ihle's paste whenever I'd leave the room to wash up after a diaper change, and I'd always snatch it away from him.  I have an empty jar of it in his room (I've been too lazy to clean up the container to be recycled) so I gave it to him to play with while I got the poopy diaper off and cleaned him up.  It worked!  As soon as I had the last bit of poo residue wiped off, up he sprang, like a jack-in-the-box.  I decided just to go with it; after all, there was no huge rush in getting a new diaper on and getting him dressed again.  So what does he do as soon as he sits up?  He holds out the jar so I could have a nibble too.  Awwwwww!  And that is how you make my heart melt.  

A great reminder to me to stop and smell the roses.  Quell that sense of urgency.  Let BB be a baby.  The surprises are worth it.

No comments: