Monday, January 19, 2009

A Simpler Time

I remember not too long ago, BB would scream like a stuck pig when you tried to put him on his belly... or in any other position other than being on his back.  These days, life is a bit more complicated.  He screams like a stuck pig when you try to put him on his back.  This is a full-out temper tantrum.  Screaming, crying, kicking, writhing.  It's making diaper changes a bit challenging.  I'm managing to get his diapers off while he's sitting up, and I've been pre-assembling the velcro on his covers so I can just pull them on like pants, but I still need him to lay on his back so I can get the actual diaper on him, and to adjust the cover to fit properly.  Changing him sitting up doesn't work if his diaper is full of poo though. 

This is our first real conflict.  I'm trying to compromise with him, and trying not to turn diaper changes into a huge ordeal.  Unfortunately, he doesn't understand compromise, reason, or even words yet.  Luckily, as soon as we're done, and he's free to sit up or wriggle around on his tummy, his smile returns and we both are happy again.  

No comments: