Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Meh

I'm having a super blah day.  Blah blah blah.  Poor BB must think I'm the most boring mommy in the world today.

BB slept the whole night, which was nice, especially since I was actually in bed and asleep before 22:00.  But he was up by 05:30 this morning, and had no intentions of going back to sleep until his first nap.  I tried to nap during his second nap today, but his nap only lasted about 50 minutes, so I only caught a 20 minute cat nap.  I was hoping to have some energy for hanging out with DH tonight, but I guess it's a lost cause.  

I think I need to spend some time in the kitchen.  Okay, I spend 90% of my time in the kitchen.  But I need to spend some time doing something that I really enjoy.  Baking Therapy.  I haven't really made anything since before Christmas.  Now that I've eaten up all of the things I really enjoy that were leftover from Christmas, I think it's safe to make more goodies.  I don't make cookies very often, but I really enjoyed making a couple batches for Christmas.  Maybe that's what I need to do.  Maybe it would perk me up.  Unfortunately, supper has to go into the oven in about ten minutes, so I won't be doing the cookie thing today.  

DH mentioned last night that he'd like to collaborate on a meat pie.  I've never had it, but wouldn't mind trying one.  I'll do the pastry and he'll take care of the filling.  I'm looking forward to that.  

Kitty had his surgery today to remove his two bad teeth.  Hopefully he's doing okay.  DH will be picking him up on his way home tonight.  It's been odd today without him around.  

No comments: