A short while ago, I did the 25 random things list on Facebook that everyone else was doing at the time. I said a while ago that I wanted to do a 100 random things list but I can't seem to find the time to finish it, even using the FB list as a starter. I realized I was stressing about it. Seriously. Then I reminded myself that my blog should NOT stress me out! So, I've compromised with myself. I'm doing instalments of 25 at a time. The first 25 are based on the list I did for FB, some are updated, some have more detail than I posted on FB, some are completely new from the list I posted on FB.
Without further ado...
1. I gained 60 lbs while I was pregnant. I lost about 20 of it within three days of having BB. I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight by the time he was about six months old. I'm still working on my pre-pregnancy body.
2. I hated school in grade one. I hated not being at home with my mom and brother. Also, I used to look ahead in my school books and worry about assignments we hadn't even reached yet... I particularly remember having a huge meltdown over one in my Language Arts workbook. And if we had a supply teacher, I'd have yet another melt-down because I didn't handle the unexpected change well. I still don't handle unexpected change well.
3. I love to bake. Yet I never seem to have enough time to do this as often as I'd like.
4. I love knitting. Again, I don't seem to have enough time for this either. I'd love to have the time to do a big project from beginning to end. As it is, I stick to smaller ones in hopes that I might actually complete them... even that doesn't always happen.
5. I'm proud that I am breastfeeding BB, and I had hoped that we would be able to keep at it until he is at least two years old. Now that we're planning on BN2, I'm not sure how or if this goal is going to work out. I'm already hearing comments that make it seem like I should have stopped by now, but I'm not going to let them get me down. The benefits to him far outweigh society's poo-pooing at us..
6. I cannot do dishes without wearing rubber gloves. I can't stand dishwater scum and pruney fingers.
7. I wish I could go back to school to become a dietician or something along that line.
8. I am very scared of heights. Very. I'm kind of like a cat--I can get up, but can't get back down.
9. Even while I was pregnant, I wasn't 100% sure I wanted to be a mother. Now it frightens me to think that I almost missed out on all of this.
10. I have five dogs and a cat. Only the cat and two of the dogs were planned. The other three dogs just "happened."
11. When asked, I'll usually say my favourite colour is black, but I really don't have a favourite.
12. I make all of BB's baby food myself. I have never opened a jar of food for him. He has never been fed processed food. I know he will not always eat as healthy, but as long as I am able to choose what goes into his little body, he's going to get the best foods possible.
13. I worry about whether people like me, more than I probably should. But once I have confirmation that they do not like me, I am able to write them off.
14. I often feel like I lack the sensor between my brain and my mouth. Later I replay the conversations I've had and the things I've said, and worry that I've said something that someone took the wrong way.
15. I don't like team sports because I don't like relying on other people when it comes to winning. Yet, I did enjoy flyball, but there's so much more to that particular game than just winning. But winning is good too. :)
16. I broke up with my boyfriend in grade 10 because his grandfather bought him a leather jacket. It was black and covered in shiny zippers. I could smell him coming.... that awful cheap leather smell mixed with cigarette smoke. People were making fun of him and I was embarrassed to be seen with him. I wasn't all that fond of him after four months together, and he was cheating on me (unless his father really *was* putting those hickeys on his neck with the vacuum cleaner??) but the jacket cinched it.
17. Turning 25 was very depressing for me. Turning 30 didn't bother me at all.
18. I took sewing in grade nine, and took another sewing course a few years ago, and I still don't know how to sew. I'd really love to learn. And I know I can do it, I just need someone who is willing and able to teach me.
19. I had awesome marks through elementary school and junior high, but in high school I stopped worrying about being the best in the class. I was only a face in the crowd at FHS, and I felt that I had no motivation to excel. Passing was good enough for me. The only classes I really cared about doing exceptionally well in were my business classes.
20. In high school I wanted to be a funeral home director; however, I knew that I wasn't ready to move away to Nova Scotia on my own to take the course. Instead, I settled on Business Tech at NBCC.
21. I think that my brother "gets" me more than anyone else.
22. When I first started using Facebook, I was constantly 'writing' status updates in my head. I don't do this very often now; instead, I am always 'writing' blog entries in my head. But when I sit down in front of my computer I either can't remember what I intended to write about or the words come out all wrong on the screen.
23. My favourite band is Barenaked Ladies. My favourite concert EVER was their concert in Saint John in 2007. I even have a CD of the concert, and I think I have every word from the concert memorized.
24. I miss being pregnant and can't wait to be pregnant again. Even though I know I'm not pregnant yet, I keep thinking like I am.
25. I love a rich, bold, dark-roasted coffee.