Thursday, June 4, 2009

Stinky!

When I left for my maternity leave there might have been three people in my office who smoked, plus a couple closet smokers who either didn't smoke at work, or made so little a production of it that you hardly realized they were doing it. 

 

During my year away, several people moved on, and several new people were hired.  It seems that the majority of the new people are all smokers.  At 10am and 3pm, there is a mass exodus as they all gather together and go outside for a group smoking session.  And when they all return en masse, they stink.  Even a closet smoker has come out of the closet and is now joining the exodus. 

 

I thought that a lot of people were finally realizing how unhealthy smoking is, but apparently I was wrong.  If you want to smoke, fine, smoke.  But I have an issue when you return to the office reeking of smoke.  If I can smell it, it can affect me.  I also have an issue with my tax dollars being spent to cure you from your smoking related illness. 

 

Rumour has it the building and grounds will be smoke free in a short while.  It can't come soon enough for me. 

No comments: