Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Second Fiddle

I said I would be happy when this happened.  It would mean that I made the right choice and that he is happy with her.

 

As soon as BB saw the sitter this morning, he reached for her and made his little crying noise indicating that he wanted out of my arms and into hers.  I can try to console myself by saying that he recognized what was going to happen next and was trying to take the lead on initiating that action, but I know better.  He chose her over me.  And my heart broke a little bit.  Okay, a big bit.  A whole lot. 

 

She's been a wonderful sitter so far.  We're quite happy with her, and it's very obvious now that BB is equally happy with her.  And that makes me happy.  I wouldn't want him to be miserable while we're at work.  I'm glad that I followed my gut when it came to choosing a care giver.

 

Hopefully after I've spent a day licking my wounds I'll be better prepared for a similar situation tomorrow morning.

No comments: