Saturday, June 19, 2010

Saturday night musings

It was a beautiful sunshiny day in The Settlement today! I managed to wash and hang out three loads of laundry--one of them being a load of diapers. The sunshine is a wonderful stain remover.

XH popped out to visit with the kiddos this afternoon. I hate to admit it but I'm feeling a bit resentful of his freedom. I know that I was the one that pushed for children, but he did agree to them... and I never thought that I'd be doing this on my own when we went ahead with it all. This will pass. Before I know it I'll be upset that they're no longer babies who need their mama, right?

For the first time in a while I felt quite attractive today - almost sexy, even. And it was completely wasted as the only person (besides the kiddos) that I saw today was XH. *sigh*

I need to either start cutting back on what I'm eating or find the time to start exercising again. I miss running so much, but by the time the kiddos are settled down, I'm out of energy and am ready to crash as well. BG's evenings are becoming a bit less cranky, so perhaps if she continues to improve I'll be able to come to some sort of a compromise with her. ;o) I don't like what I'm seeing in the mirror right now. My weight isn't doing badly, but I'm soft and not toned. My tummy seems to have a new layer of fat on it. That all needs to change. I gave all my old "fat" clothes from four years ago (where does the time go?!) to charity shortly after BG was born, and I refuse to buy more.

S gave N and I gift cards for a local spa at Christmas. We're going to try to book appointments together for pedicures some Saturday morning. It's such a hassle to arrange for someone to watch the wee ones - especially if I'm going to leave BG behind. The only people I trust her with right now is my mother and XH. I don't like to use my opportunities to get out for frivolous things like this, but I think it might be a good idea. A bit of pampering might do me good.

No comments: