Friday, June 18, 2010

They say that absence makes the heart grow fungus

Ah... a random BNL line to start off a random blog post. :) I do love that line though.

You know my life is pretty non-dramatic at the moment when my biggest complaint of the day is that we're stuck here waiting for the septic people to show up and empty our tank. Maybe I need a bit of drama... Not crazy H-style drama, just a bit of everyday drama. Or maybe the word I'm looking for here is excitement.

I did almost email H yesterday--that could have caused some drama. "The Diddler" has suddenly reappeared in the pond and added me as a favourite. Definitely creepy. He hasn't messaged me or anything... hopefully he doesn't. That dude was an odd duck. I figured H would find it amusing, but considering how odd he acts now, perhaps the new H would only find some sort of paranoia in the whole thing. *sigh* I miss my buddy... the guy would would laugh his butt off over this with me. It's funny the impact someone I just met in January has had on my life. Perhaps someday I'll look back on our five-ish months of whatever-ship and it will only seem like a blip in time, but it still feels so fresh right now.

Had lots of laughs with N last night. I don't remember the last time I laughed that hard. She made tex-mex burgers for us (Mmmmm...) and she let me drink the neck from her bottle of beer. Okay, so she brought me a beer too, but there was no time to pump yesterday so my beer waits for me in the fridge. Since when do I like dark beers? Have I been so beer-deprived over the past three years that I'd drink anything? Okay, I know that's not true, I still don't want nasty old Mooshead or Alpine!

I made Hello Dolly squares the other night, but didn't have any pecans or walnuts, so I used almonds instead. They turned out okay, but I think I should have chopped the almonds first rather than using them whole. The problem with baking is that I end up eating most of it myself. Perhaps this is reason #40 to find a man - someone to eat some of the baking! Thankfully, XH was willing to take the remainder of his raspberry birthday pie home with him earlier this week!

Hurry up septic people! I don't like waiting! If I wasn't waiting for you, I could take the kids out of a walk and work off some of these squares!

No comments: