Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Mail settings

I have my mail settings in the pond set so that anyone who wants to initiate contact with me must send a message with a minimum of 100 characters. This helps eliminate the "hey your cute wanna chat?" messages. (Note: "Chat" can be replaced with several other not so nice words. Also, I intentionally misspelled "your" to give a clearer picture of who it is that I'm trying to avoid.)

Some of the "brighter" guys have found work-arounds to this stipulation. Most will type the message above, and then flood the field with random characters until the minimum number of characters have been met. "hey your cute wanna chat?;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ..................................................... ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;"

Today's guy was really on the ball though... check out the message he sent to me:

"hello you seem nice love to chat with you hun drop me a line i am a pretty cool guy i am living in SAINT JOHN NB XOXOOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXO"

Is your skin crawling? Mine is.

In other news, I've been exchanging messages with someone. It's the first time since doing the get-to-know-you thing with Mr. Twitter back in the summer. (If he's reading this, hopefully he's smiling at the reference. *grin*) Like most of these things, I doubt it will lead anywhere, but at least I'm talking to someone. It gives me a bit of hope, I guess. But overall, I don't feel like I'm putting myself out there like I had been. Things are okay, just a bit lonely by times.

No comments: