Monday, February 14, 2011

Embracing the romantic

I'm not really sure if I'm truly a romantic. I've never really felt like one. I'm more casual and laid back when it comes to that sort of stuff I think. However, I did think it was pretty sweet of Bachelor E to stay up until midnight last night so he could send me an email wishing me a happy V-day.

V-day has never meant a whole lot to me. My first boyfriend gave me a gift that made me feel yucky (seriously dude, keep your cheap-ass, gold-painted, plastic key to your heart.) Ever since then I've never been overly crazy about the day.

I'm going to try to embrace the romantic and see where this leads me. Obviously what I've been doing in the past hasn't been working for me. Time to head in a new direction. *gulp*

Two more sleeps until I actually meet him. I feel like I know him already. I chastise myself for feeling that way after so many not so great dates. But maybe, hopefully, this time it will work. Usually there are things I'm uncertain about when I meet people (no, if I've met you prior as a date, please don't ask me what it was that I was uncertain about) but in this case, it all seems good. Maybe he'll end up being a little too nice? That's the only thing I can come up with...

No comments: