Friday, September 5, 2008

A Bit Sensitive Perhaps?

I've been feeling a bit annoyed lately. I've noticed some people have removed me as a friend from their Facebook. I should be glad, if they don't like me or want me in their life, I'm not wasting my time caring about them. But instead I feel hurt. What did I do to these people? Do they not like me? Have I said or done something to offend them? They obviously liked me enough to add me in the first place. I admit that I have removed a few people recently, but they were people that were only "pity-adds". Was I a pity add to these people? Every time I discover another person who has removed me, I feel like I've been kicked in the gut. Some of these people were people I genuinely liked, and I've discovered that they've deleted me because I was looking them up and they were no longer listed as a friend.

Maybe I should be more choosy as to who I allow access to my profile? Delete a bunch of the people I've allowed as a friend. But I can't do it. What if their feelings are hurt the way mine have been? What if they had added me because they have some sort of a special memory of me, and I don't realize it?

Why do I care so much what other people think? I have everything I could possibly want. A wonderful husband, a beautiful baby, awesome pets, an amazing house, and a wonderful family. But yet I still look to others for acceptance.

No comments: