Thursday, November 27, 2008

My First Official Rant

The person covering my maternity leave, often forwards work-related emails to me here at home. He knows that I'm anal-retentive, and I think that he feels that I probably want to be kept in the loop. I don't. It only makes me dread going back even more. It's rare that the emails he forwards are good-news emails. It's all of the conflict that takes place on a daily basis. That conflict is a major reason why I don't want to return. Some would tell me to just delete the emails. It's not in my nature. Once they're in my inbox I need to read them. And save them. In case I need them when I return to work. OMG I hope I don't have to go back.

I picked up the pics tonight. I'm so disappointed in them. There is a shadow in the background in most of the pictures. The family pictures are hideous. My head and DH's head look like they've ballooned to 150% of their normal size. I was looking forward to having a nice family photo done, but they are some of the worst ones. BB is so adorable though--when I first looked at the pictures, some of them took my breath away. There are definitely some pictures there that will work for printing out to 5x7 or 8x10 as gifts for family. But the selection that I hoped for isn't there. I want to cry right now. The photographer asked me to email her and let her know what I thought of the pics. I did. And I was truthful. Not as blunt as I am here, but I did say that I was disappointed with the shadow in the background, but there are some that will work for my purposes. Because if I don't tell her the truth, how will she know to be cognizant of the shadows in the future? She's really nice, so I don't want to hurt her feelings. She didn't charge nearly as much as all of the other part-time photographers around here seem to charge, so I don't want to be too crabby about it. And I still am considering having her do outdoor family pics in the spring. Shadows will be less of an issues outdoors. On a white background, they're incredibly noticeable.

My first official rant and I managed to make it a double-whammy.

No comments: