Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Back in the Saddle

After seven and half months, I'm finally back in the saddle.  What am I talking about?  If you haven't guessed, you probably don't want to know.  But it's been causing me some mental anguish, so I'm glad to have reached this milestone.  

It's new years eve.  Last year we spend NYE with our good friends who had recently bought the house almost across the road from us.  I was so tired that night and so cranky.  People were cheating at Trivial Pursuit and it was driving me crazy.  No, not crazy, but CRAZY.  I ended up calling it a  night shortly after 23:00, and left DH with them to ring in the new year.  I brought in the new year in bed by myself, having a pity party and crying because I didn't want to be alone.  If only I had known how much I would love the beautiful little boy growing inside of me!  I probably wouldn't have felt so alone... 

This year things are so much better.  We decided not to go out (although we had a wonderful offer to go to the same place as last year, and a second wonderful offer from my parents to babysit) and have opted for a quiet 'normal' night at home.  After BB went to bed, I poured myself a small glass of wine and DH and I watched a few TV shows and nibbled on some yummy cheeses that we bought at the market last weekend.  After I had enough TV, I came back upstairs, finished adding comments to my Christmas album on Facebook, and now I'm writing my final blog entry for 2008.  

It's been an amazing year.  I wish there was a way I could remember every tiny detail from this year.  I've fallen more in love with DH.  I've fallen in love with BB.  My heart brims with happiness.  I'm a bit sad to let go of such a wonderful year.  

I have no resolutions for 2009.  I only want more of what I have had in 2008.  


No comments: