Saturday, April 18, 2009

Creepy

We finally have our "medium-speed" internet working again.  Yep, Xplornet actually footed the bill for it this time.  Perhaps they knew we weren't kidding when we said we were going to dump their sorry asses if they didn't cover the repair.  

I've been cleaning up the oodles of emails that accumulated while I was on dial-up.  So many emails with pictures, etc. that I haven't bothered looking at because they would have taken forever to load (I use a web-based email program.)  I also hadn't cleaned out my spam folder during our outage.  I just sorted through the hundreds of messages to ensure nothing real had been dumped into the spam folder.  On the last page there was a message that made me feel a bit creeped out.  The subject was, "Date of your death."  The message I could see in the preview was, "Subscribe to Men's Health.  Subscribe to Men's Health.  Subscribe to Men's Health."  WTF?  

No comments: