Tuesday, April 28, 2009

We Survived

Two of the longest hours of my life.  

The babysitter said that BB cried for the first 45 minutes he was there.  Funny (in a not so haha sort of way) since I cried for approximately the same amount of time.  Two peas in a pod, we are. 

Everyone told me that when I went to pick him up, he would see me and smile and that would make it all okay. What actually happened is that he saw me and started to cry.  I suspect he felt abandoned.  I certainly felt like I had abandoned him.  And we get to do it all over again on Thursday... but for three hours this time.

Now that he's back home with me, I'm noticing that he smells like someone else's house.  It's a bit weird.  It makes me feel sad.

I'm normally all about safe driving, but I suspect I'll be getting a speeding ticket at some point while making the trip to the babysitter's.

No comments: