Monday, May 4, 2009

The Worst Mommy in the World

That's how I feel right now.  

I just dropped BB off for this third day at the babysitter.  As soon as I started to hand him over to her, the screaming started and he clung, and I mean CLUNG, like he has never clung before, to my arm.  I had to pry his sweet little fingers off of me, hand him over, give him a kiss good bye and walk out, smiling the whole time so he wouldn't see that I was as upset as he was.

He came down with a stomach bug late Friday night.  It's the first time he's had that sort of sickness.  The entire weekend he was the cuddliest baby in the world.  He's already a very cuddly and affectionate little guy, but apparently, it's possible for him to be even cuddlier.  He just started to seem much more like himself today, and what do I do?  Dump him off on someone that he barely knows.  Way to go, Mommy.  

Oh, and on the drive home I realized that I forgot to pack his bag with a blankie for him to snuggle with.  Worst. Mommy. In. The. World.

Hopefully the next three hours and 40 minutes go by quickly so I can have my little Monkey Man back. 

3 comments:

Emilie said...

*hugs* Hang in there!

Independent Chick said...

YOU ARE NOT A BAD MOTHER in any way, shape or form. You are doing precisely what you need to do. And sista, he is going to milk you (in more ways than one) ; ) He knows Mama loves him more than anything is the world and he is going to use that against you. haha You are doing the right thing. He'll be fine. You are not scarring him for life. Chin up doll!! oxxoxo

cuddles said...

Thanks, Emilie! xo

Independent Chick, You know me, I can't help but worry. Thanks for the vote of confidence. xo