Monday, November 22, 2010

70 Questions

A friend just posted this to FB. I haven't even read through it all yet, but it felt like how I'd like to pass the rest of the evening. Screw the stuff I wanted to write about.

1. First thing you wash in the shower?
My hair.

2. What color is your favorite hoodie/sweatshirt?
My grey Old Navy hoodie. I think it says "Brooklyn" across the front. I bought it at Marilyn's (I think) and have worn it through two pregnancies and several cold winters.

3. Would you kiss the last person you kissed again?
Yes. That would be a dream come true. Heck, the last time I kissed him it was a dream come true.

4. Do you plan outfits?
Depends. When I'm working I try to have an idea the night before of what I'll wear the next day. Right now, unless I have somewhere to be, or I'm expecting company, no I don't think ahead.

5. How are you feeling RIGHT now?
Emotionally - lonely. Physically - hungry but strong (just got off the treadmill about 30 minutes ago for the first time in four months.)

6. What’s the closest thing to you that's red?
The rag quilt my ex-MIL made for me a couple of years ago.

7. Tell me about the last dream you remember having?
I dreamed about H last night. I'm not sure what exactly it was about though. But I've woken up the past few nights knowing that he was in my dreams. I had the feeling after the last one that I had rescued him from something?

8. Did you meet anybody new today?
Nope.

9. What are you craving right now?
Freedom. Affection. Red wine.

10. Do you floss?
Indeed.

11. What comes to mind when I say cabbage?
That guy at the market who puts the cabbage leaf on his head. I don't know him, but just looking at him pisses me off.

12. Are you emotional?
I can be. I'm a feeler.

13. Have you ever counted to 1,000?
No.

14. Do you bite into your ice cream or just lick it?
I used to do a bit of both. Now I lick almost exclusively.

15. Do you like your hair?
I'm on the fence with it at the moment. It's a good cut, but I'm not sure if it's me.

16. Do you like yourself?
I know that I'm a pretty good person. I sometimes annoy myself though. But that's not really surprising since there aren't many people that don't annoy me on some level at some point.

17. Would you go out to eat with George W. Bush?
If he's paying, sure.

18. What are you listening to right now?
Some jazz song Radio 2's Tonic.

19. Were your parents strict?
Indeed, they were.

20. Would you go sky diving?
No, I'm quite afraid of heights. Recently I had a bizarre conversation with myself and wondered if I'd be willing to do it if H asked me to and thought that maybe... but I can't see that happening, so let's just go with a definitive NO.

21. Do you like cottage cheese?
I like it cooked in food. I tried it raw with fruit a time or two a couple of years ago and couldn't do it.

22. Who was your first girl/boy friend?
A dude who ended up in jail for something to do with drugs. Kind of funny, considering my lack of knowledge of them.

23. Do you rent movies often?
I haven't rented a movie in years. I haven't watched a movie since late April/early May.

24. Is there anything sparkly in the room you're in?
I don't think so.

25. How many countries have you visited?
I've only visited the U.S. I'd like to change that.

26. Have you made a prank phone call?
No.

27. Ever been on a train?
Yes! My job does have the occasional fun activity like that.

28. Brown or white eggs?
I always always always bought white eggs. Until a year and a bit ago. Now for some reason I always go for the brown. I don't understand it.

29. Do you have a cell phone?
I love my iPhone.

30. Do you use chap stick?
Yes. Blistex Herbal Remedy is the only kind I like. I work so hard at using "natural" products but I just can't seem to give this stuff up. I'm a firm believe in picking my battles though.

31. Do you own a gun?
No, and I never intend to.

32. Can you use chop sticks?
I wish. I'm very awkward.

33. Who are you going to be with tonight?
The usual. Me. Waiting for H to call me back and IMing with XH. BG and I will snuggle in the night.

34. Are you too forgiving?
I don't know if it's possible to be "too" forgiving. I do tend to be forgiving, yes. That doesn't mean the scars are erased, only that I have forgiven the wrong.

35. Ever been in love?
I am.

36. What is your best friend(s) doing tomorrow?
They're all working.

37. Ever have cream puffs?
Since I'm not sure what a cream puff is, I'm inclined to say no.

38. Last time you cried?
One day last week. Around supper time. Then H called and I pulled it together to talk to him because I didn't want him to know I was upset (since he was the reason for my upset.) I kept it together after that.

39. What was the last question you asked?
"did you get the shoes at walmart or somewhere else?" (I had to scroll through my IM history with XH to find that.)

40. Favorite time of the year?
Summer. Without a doubt.

41. Do you have any tattoos?
Puppy paws.

42. Are you sarcastic?
I am. It's one of the things that sometimes annoys me about myself.

43. Have you ever seen The Butterfly Effect?
No.

44. Ever walked into a wall?
I'm sure I have.

45. Favorite color?
I really don't have one.

46. Have you ever slapped someone?
I probably slapped J back in college. He definitely took a punch or two.

47. Is your hair curly?
No.

48. Truth be told, do you like Twinkies?
This made me chuckle. My friend's daughter used to call her junk her twinkie. :)
I've never had one. I couldn't now.

49. Do looks matter?
In my quest for a new partner, yes they do. Right or wrong, it's usually the first thing I judge someone on. That being said, there are some people that once you get to know them, they suddenly seem more attractive.

50. Could you ever forgive a cheater?
I have.

51. Is your phone bill sky high?
Nope.

52. Do you like your life right now?
I'm comfortable. I'm happy that XH and I are friends, that H is a part of things again (for now, anyway), and that I have a fantastic group of close friends and supportive family. But I need more.

53. Do you sleep with the TV on?
My TV is rarely on. It's probably been a couple of months since it was last turned on. And it's definitely not in my bedroom.

54. Can you handle the truth?
I'm living the truth. I will take the hurtful truth over a lie any day. As I've always said, "my wrath will be much less from the truth than if I find out after the fact that I have been lied to."

55. Do you have good vision?
I need glasses to read fast-food menus. I usually wear them to drive too, but my license doesn't say I need to (but it probably should.)

56. Do you hate or dislike more than 3 people?
I hate no one. I'm sure there are more than three people I dislike, but I don't put much energy into it. I don't have room inside of myself for that sort of negative energy.

57. How often do you talk on the phone?
More now that H is around again. At least once a day. At the times he's not talking to me, I can go days without talking on the phone. Most people know I'm not a fan of it.

58. The last person you held hands with?
Baby Boy. The last adult would have been H.

59. What are you wearing?
Pink flannel pyjamas and wool socks. Sexy.

60.What is your favorite animal?
I still love dogs.

61. Where was your profile picture taken?
My FB profile pic was taken in my living room.

62. Can you hool-a-hoop?
Not for very long. I lack rhythm. (and isn't it spelled hula-hoop?)

63. Do you have a job?
I do. For now. Well, I'm on mat leave right now, but I do have a job to go back to. For the time being. Trying not to stress about that possibility too much.

64. What was the most recent thing you bought?
A dress, shrug, and jewelry for my Christmas party.

65. Have you ever crawled through a window?
No.

66. Where did you live when you were 10?
My parents' house. The same place I lived until I was 18.

67. What was your first job?
The fast food joint in high school. (Waves at The Original Princess & Lady Lipgloss)

68. Are you a vegetarian?
No. My body needs meat. I do try to make wise meat choices though.

69. Have you ever met a famous person?
I met Andy Brown a couple weeks ago. Does that count? I was a bit excited about it, so it should count.

70. How old are you?
32 and okay with it.

2 comments:

Independent Chick said...

I LOVED reading this. I had a couple moments where I thought, hey, that's my answer. LOL! You're a cool chick cuddles. Thanks for sharing. I may just borrow this for my own blog some day. : )

XO

cuddles said...

Of course you thought some of my answers were your answers! I swear, ever since that night we connected at Dooly's (six years ago!) I've always felt like you were a big sister or something. You had the BB, I had the GB. You had the B pup, I had the C pup. You had a baby, then I had one. You went through the whole separation/divorce thing, then I followed, etc. etc.
All this is to say, you are the best. :)
Been intending to email this to you for quite some time, and am lousy at making the time. XO