Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Old Blog

I really hate finding abandoned blogs.  It's not so bad if the last post indicates that the person has decided to no longer post in the blog.  At least that gives the blog a conclusion, rather than leaving you to wonder if they patched up that fight with their BFF, or if everything went okay with the birth of their child, or whether they got that promotion they were hoping for.

I've mentioned before that I've been trying to decide what to do with my first attempt at a blog.  I originally planned to keep the old blog and this new one, but I have given up on my original intention for this new blog and am letting everything hang out here.  I had been considering importing the posts from the old blog into this blog, but that just didn't feel right.  So, in an effort to avoid contributing to the abandoned blog phenomenon, I've switched the old blog to invited readers only, and since there are no invited readers, no one will be stumbling upon it and thinking, "Wow, yet another abandoned blog."  

If anyone is reading this, you're probably thinking, "This is SO not blog-worthy!"  But, it's been on my mind.  Yet another pesky little problem that I needed to find a perfect solution to.  And I think this solution is as perfect as I'm going to get.  Now it's time to move on.  

No comments: